Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Walking Medicine Cabnet..

I'm sure if you listen closely you can hear a rattling noise when I walk...its all the drugs that are inside me..doing wonderful things to my insides apparently...really I wonder..because I have doubts some days.

So here it is..I don't take drugs, I don't do drugs, Ive never done drugs..not even those trial runs most take in high school with a group of friends..not me. I'm aghast at friends who confess their drug use..it baffles my brain. I suffer migraines, I have pills for that, I only take when its the worst of the worst..I may take a Tylenol or Advil but not..pills, not vitamins not..god only knows what.

So now..in a day I take 6 different pills 14 days a month and 5 the other. All together in a normal day its 10 or 11. I have to rattle somewhere someone with great hearing can hear it.

I know SOME but am not a medical person so don't know it all about what they are meant to be doing in there where I cant see them. So here it is..

Metformin. Four a day with food. Some women can get really really ill on this drug. Nauseated, Uncontrollable Bathroom visits and the like. A family member of mine with others she knows has been hospitalized because of it. For me, my experience has been good, nauseous for the first three days, vomit once on day four and then fine..saying this the last four days at four a day I'm feeling ill. What its meant to do..control your insulin, evening out hormones, in some (more than a handful) it enables women to lose a lot of weight, it also is NOT used as a fertility drug but has been known to enable women to get pregnant who are on it. Ive been on it for almost two months.

Folic Acid. One a day at bed time. The use to prevent neurological problems and disabilities in babies as they develop in the womb. (Spinobifida is one of the main ones) Every women trying to conceive or not of child barring age or having sexual intercourse should be taking it just in case they become pregnant.

Synthroid. A thyroid medication to even out ones thyroid levels. Mine are not bad at all, in fact only off by .2% but the Dr. I am seeing would like to try and make it normal in case its triggering weight issues. Side effects for me none..and I'm not sure Ive heard of any.

Flax Seed. Ugh..used to boost up the healthiness of your food and speed up your metabolism. Found in seed form its harder to digest whole as your stomach cant break threw the outer casing of it. Found in powder to sprinkle on your food, recommendations very but the common one Ive heard is 2 to 3 tbs a day sprinkled on your food. Major health benefits. I take it in pill form twice a day though it should be three I just cant bare to swallow anymore pills.

MultiSure. A women's multi vitamin. Recommended by a book I read on PCOS and when I asked about it to my Fertility Dr. he said it would be a good idea too. From all the other things going in why not! It is meant to even things out. In a week this will switch to Materna the pregnancy vitamin - no not because I am announcing anything but because its wise to have those things built up in your system.

Prometrium. The progesterone hormone I don't produce naturally because of the PCOS. I hate this one. I take it the first 14 days of a month to force myself to do what a woman's body does because mine does not do it naturally. I makes me cry, it makes me feel huge and bloated, it makes me feel twinges of pain. And it hasn't worked like its "meant" to yet so we will see what the next round brings.

Those are the drugs, Lets not forget about the migraines if I have one and pills needed for that. BLAH!

I have to rattle..no way I cant as I see it. BUT if it works in the end...if it all pays off in the end..then..really...it will be worth it...it has to be worth it..

1 comment:

  1. You should get prenatal vitamins from Costco... way way cheaper!! Identical ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete